Escalade welcomes any outside submission that is made voluntarily and is free of any legal encumbrance such as a duty of confidentiality or obligation to a third party. All parties making submissions should take adequate steps to legally protect their idea or invention, including, where appropriate, seeking or obtaining patent protection.
Please include in your Submission details regarding any pending or issued patents related to your Submission. If no such application has been filed, you should sign and date your descriptions and drawings, and preferably have them witnessed by a third party.
Please carefully review these Terms of Submission. Submission of your idea or invention serves as an acceptance of these Terms, whether or not you adhere to these requirements.
By submitting my idea and any subsequent materials to Escalade, I represent and agree that:
- I am at least 18 years of age.
- My Submission is an original idea and does not violate the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, a duty of confidentiality regarding the idea or invention, trade secret rights, contractual rights, obligations to license or assign, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- I understand that at this time Escalade is under no obligation to treat my Submission as confidential, and it is at the sole discretion of Escalade to determine whether to treat my Submission as confidential, regardless of its content or method of submission. No effect will be given to the marking of any information submitted as "Confidential."
- In return for Escalade's receipt and consideration of my Submission, I hereby release Escalade from liability in connection with such receipt and disclosure, except as to liability that may arise under any valid intellectual property rights that I now or hereafter own or control which rights have been or, in the case of after acquired rights, will be disclosed to Escalade.
- I understand that Escalade is free to test, evaluate, use and commercialize any or all ideas in my Submission for any purpose whatsoever and without compensation to me, except as limited by any valid patent issued to me.
- I have not relied, and will not rely, on representations by any Escalade employee that contradicts the Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy and Terms of Submission.
- No other person or entity is owed compensation or has any rights related to my Submission including any rights that would arise from Escalade's use of my Submission.
- I agree that I will not rely on any current or future alleged trade secret rights or other proprietary rights for any legal claims against Escalade relating to my Submission.
- Acceptance of these Terms does not grant any patent rights to Escalade under pending or granted patents related to the Submission. I understand that Escalade is under no obligation to seek or to obtain patent rights for my Submission on my behalf.
- Escalade's review of my idea is not an admission of novelty, priority, or originality and does not prejudice Escalade's rights to contest any existing or future patents, copyrights, or other intellectual property protections on the idea.
- I understand that Escalade may have developed, had suggested to it, or in the future may have suggested to it many potential products, inventions, and/or ideas, and there is the possibility that some of these potential products, inventions, and/or ideas may be similar to my Submission. Therefore, I agree that Escalade remains free to use any potential product, invention, and/or idea in the public domain, or otherwise available to Escalade.
- I have had the opportunity to consult with an attorney regarding this Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy.
- I agree that Escalade is under no obligation to consider or use any part of my Submission and submitted materials may not be returned or preserved. I agree that Escalade can make copies of my Submission materials.
I have read and agree to all the terms and conditions of the Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy and Terms of Submission in their entirety. Please indicate your agreement by clicking below, which will provide you access to Escalade's Idea Submission form.