INSPIRED BY YOU
Did you know? Pickleball started when a few dads in a small beach town, whose kids were bored on a rainy summer day, grabbed some wooden paddles, a plastic baseball that was laying around and sent the kids off to the badminton court to busy themselves.
We love the ingenuity of that origin story. And we always are seeking great ideas within the sporting goods and outdoor recreation markets.
We believe in innovation, and we know that some of the most important innovators are the passionate people who use sporting and outdoor recreation equipment every day. If you have an idea for a new product or service, we want to hear from you.
To share your idea with us, you must first read and agree to our Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy below and our Terms of Submission.
IDEA SUBMISSION FORM
Escalade welcomes any outside submission that is made voluntarily and is free of any legal encumbrance such as a duty of confidentiality or obligation to a third party. All parties making submissions should take adequate steps to legally protect their idea or invention, including, where appropriate, seeking or obtaining patent protection. Please include in your Submission details regarding any pending or issued patents related to your Submission. If no such application has been filed, you should sign and date your descriptions and drawings, and preferably have them witnessed by a third party. Please carefully review these Terms of Submission. Submission of your idea or invention serves as an acceptance of these Terms, whether or not you adhere to these requirements.
By submitting my idea and any subsequent materials to Escalade, I represent and agree that.
- My Submission is an original idea and does not violate the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, a duty of confidentiality regarding the idea or invention, trade secret rights, contractual rights, obligations to license or assign, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- I understand that at this time Escalade is under no obligation to treat my Submission as confidential, and it is at the sole discretion of Escalade to determine whether to treat my Submission as confidential, regardless of its content or method of submission. No effect will be given to the marking of any information submitted as “Confidential.”
- In return for Escalade’s receipt and consideration of my Submission, I hereby release Escalade from liability in connection with such receipt and disclosure, except as to liability that may arise under any valid intellectual property rights that I now or hereafter own or control which rights have been or, in the case of after acquired rights, will be disclosed to Escalade.
- I understand that Escalade is free to test, evaluate, use and commercialize any or all ideas in my Submission for any purpose whatsoever and without compensation to me, except as limited by any valid patent issued to me.
- I have not relied, and will not rely, on representations by any Escalade employee that contradicts the Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy and Terms of Submission.
- No other person or entity is owed compensation or has any rights related to my Submission including any rights that would arise from Escalade’s use of my Submission.
- I agree that I will not rely on any current or future alleged trade secret rights or other proprietary rights for any legal claims against Escalade relating to my Submission.
- Acceptance of these Terms does not grant any patent rights to Escalade under pending or granted patents related to the Submission. I understand that Escalade is under no obligation to seek or to obtain patent rights for my Submission on my behalf. Escalade’s review of my idea is not an admission of novelty, priority, or originality and does not prejudice Escalade’s rights to contest any existing or future patents, copyrights, or other intellectual property protections on the idea.
- I understand that Escalade may have developed, had suggested to it, or in the future may have suggested to it many potential products, inventions, and/or ideas, and there is the possibility that some of these potential products, inventions, and/or ideas may be similar to my Submission. Therefore, I agree that Escalade remains free to use any potential product, invention, and/or idea in the public domain, or otherwise available to Escalade.
- I have had the opportunity to consult with an attorney regarding this Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy.
- I agree that Escalade is under no obligation to consider or use any part of my Submission and submitted materials may not be returned or preserved. I agree that Escalade can make copies of my Submission materials.
I have read and agree to all the terms and conditions of the Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy and Terms of Submission in their entirety. Please indicate your agreement by clicking below, which will provide you access to Escalade's Idea Submission form.
UNSOLICITED IDEA SUBMISSION POLICY
We want to make it simple to share your ideas with us, if you choose to do so. Please follow the outlined steps to prepare your idea submission to Escalade Inc.
Before submitting your idea to Escalade Inc., think about it carefully. Is it really something new and unique? Can it be documented clearly? While all submissions will be reviewed, there is a big difference between an idea and a concept. Escalade appreciates thoughtful ideas that are truly ready for our careful review. We are more likely to give particular consideration to idea submissions that are clear and concise.
Escalade will not consider any ideas or suggestions for advertising, marketing campaigns, slogans, logos, brands, trademarks or similar items.
Please provide as much detail as possible to help us fully understand your submission. Along with a description of the idea itself, please include its purpose, how it works and its benefits. If you desire, we provide you with the ability to upload any documents necessary to help explain your idea, including graphics or illustrations, so that it is communicated as thoroughly and clearly as possible.
If you have been issued, or filed any application to receive, a patent related to your unsolicited idea submission, submit a copy of the issued patent or patent application.
After documenting your idea, the next step is to review your submission in accordance with this policy. We look more favorably upon new ideas that are aligned to the company's business platforms, with a focus on providing products that bring considerable innovation to the market.
As you review your proposal:
- Think about what differentiates your idea for a product or service from what is currently being offered by Escalade as well as others in the marketplace today. More information about Escalade's products and services is available at escaladeinc.com.
- Try to figure out whether your idea is new or if something similar has either been created in the past or could be under development today.
- Consider what the benefit would be to consumers, especially those who are passionate about that particular activity.
SUBMITTING YOUR IDEA TO ESCALADE
Prior to submitting your completed proposal, take a moment to read our Terms of Submission. This document spells out all details of the submission process to ensure that all parties understand the process as well as their respective rights and obligations. You must agree to the Terms of Submission when submitting your idea to Escalade.
Once submitted, the information regarding your idea will go through a review process at Escalade. Various groups throughout the company will review your idea and assess whether it is a viable idea for Escalade to consider pursuing. If we determine that your submission is an idea we would like to pursue, you may be notified within approximately one to three months of submitting your idea, although it may take longer, and we have no obligation to provide you with any notice whatsoever.
We also are interested in exploring mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, partnerships and licensing agreements to facilitate our long-term growth objectives. Specifically, we focus on strategic, bolt-on and new platform opportunities that help enhance or expand our business and geographic footprint. Have an opportunity to discuss with us? Check out our Corporate Development guidelines for investment criteria and other information.